Continuing Education Policy
Requirements for continuing education credits for those certified by the ISST as schema therapists
Approved by the Executive Board 10th August 2021
1. To maintain Schema Therapy Certification, Schema Therapists are required to:
2. The 12 CE hours can be made up of any combination of the following:
3. This CE requirement will apply from 1st January 2022 for those who are already Certified as schema therapists at the Standard or Advanced level.
4. From January 2021, certified members will be asked to provide a summary of their CE activities during the previous year (and, from 2022, during the previous two years) when they apply for renewal of their ISST membership and make their annual dues payment.
5. When a member becomes certified, the CE requirement will apply from January 1st of the year following the one in which they achieve certification.
6. Honorary Life Members of the ISST are exempt from these CE requirements
*Please note that pre-recorded material from ISST conference/summits can be used for up to 6 hours of continuing education time since this material is not available live for all the ISST Membership. No other material from other pre-recorded sources can count towards the 6 hours. And if a member uses two to six hours of pre-recorded ISST material, that disallows any other pre-recorded material from being used towards CE credit.
**In addition, when providing evidence of Continuing Education for certification purposes please note pre-recorded material is disallowed. Please refer to document 2021 ISST REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION AS A SCHEMA THERAPIST (INDIVIDUAL) V. 2.0 for further information.
©2021 International Society of Schema Therapy e.V.
International Society of Schema Therapy e.V. is a not-for-profit organization. Glossop-Ring 35, DE-61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany